Tuesday, November 22, 2016

Kennel Cough - It's no big deal

http://www.dogsnaturallymagazine.com/three-critical-problems-kennel-cough-vaccine/?utm_source=Newsletter&utm_medium=Email&utm_content=Problems-With-Kennel-Cough-Vaccine&utm_campaign=DNM-Store&inf_contact_key=6b08d8c1d9a1e473face9c5c53ab8d11ea22ada59fea97ccbaf724f1cb029211

My own experience with this is that, while annoying, even with a dog Mojo's age there was no problem with it.  Mojo was about 14 when my gang came down with it.  You can actually give the dog cough medicine (Robotussin) if the coughing is annoying.  I didn't give them anything, and I especially didn't give them an antibiotic.

In 40 years of continuous dog ownership I have only had one bout of kennel cough despite going to all kinds of dog events and never giving vaccines for it.  Mojo was about 15 when this happen and he came through it just fine. Yes, the coughing was annoying, but that's all it was.   At the time I did not have wee puppies in the house,  but if I did I would deal with it in the same way, but with extra vigilance.