Friday, September 19, 2008

The result of the Prodigal Summer - or how I named this litter

They main characters from the book Prodigal Summer by Barbara Kingsolver are

Eddie Bondo
Deanna Wolfe

Lusa Maluf Landowski
Cole Widener

Garnett Walker
Nannie Rawley

Since I don't know the personalities of the puppies as yet, girl one will be Deanna Wolfe; girl two will be Lusa Maluf Landowski; and girl three Nannie Rawley.

Boy one will be Cole Widener; boy two Eddie Bondo and boy three Garnett Walker.

Yes, I know I changed the order, but boy two just looks like Eddie more than the other two in my head, and boy three looks like Garnett because of his mustache. No logic there either because Garnett Walker doesn't have a mustache in the book. That's the fun of writing a book, or naming a litter: we can make the world the way we want it.

If you are interested in Ms. Kingsolver's novel here is an opinion piece about it:

http://www.thebookhaven.net/Z_Prodigal_Summer.html

I loved the book and I love her writing.

Hav joy,
Rita